Today I want to share with you about the beauty of adding a green smoothie into your diet on a daily basis. Preparing a green smoothie is a quick, delicious & easy way to get your greens as well as other supplements & superfoods. You can make one first thing in the morning or in the evening when you get home. It is a wonderful way to nourish your body. I like to make mine when I have a few moments to myself either standing in the backyard admiring the beauty around me or with my journal or book. Its an amazing act of self love and self care to nourish your body.
I like to pack mine with fruit, green veggies like Kale & Spinach and hydrating coconut water. You can also soak cucumber in filtered water to make a hydrating electrolyte base for your smoothies that is quite budget friendly and simple. I will posting all sorts of recipe that will be simple as well as budget friendly. You can really easily make a simple smoothie with just coconut water, banana, nut butter and spinach or kale. I love to add in extra superfoods that support my health goals however, every person can make a basic green smoothie that is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients as well as electrolytes from the banana & coconut water.
My current morning green smoothie is inspired by my what I am focusing on in my health. They are hormonal balance, detoxification, joint + bone health, anti-inflammatory and gut health. The superfoods, spices, and supplements listed below are not necessary to make a green smoothie. If you don’t have any of these ingredients just skip them and add in everything you do have in your cupboard. I will be posting information about the superfoods, spices and supplements I am using starting with turmeric in my next posts so stay tuned.
Sending love always,
Ginger & Greens
Green Smoothie Love
This recipe is completely Vegan. If you aren’t vegan and like collagen which I do you can also add it in.
Nourishing green smoothie
- 1 cup Organic Coconut water (cucumber water)
- 1 Organic Banana (frozen if possible)
- 1/2 cup frozen Organic mango
- 2 cups Organic greens (kale or spinach)
- 3 tbsp Organic Hemp seeds (any protein of your choice)
- 1 tbsp Collagen powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1 tsp Organic Maca powder
- 1 tbsp Organic Moringa powder
- 1/4 tsp Organic ground Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Almond or Peanut Butter (no salt)
- a handful of ice
- Top with Cacao nibs & cinnamon (optional)
- Pour coconut water into blender & add 3 ice cubes.
- Add banana, mango, and greens.
- Add in all powders, coconut flakes, spices, & seeds.
- Add nut butter.
- Blend on a high speed until thick & creamy.
- Garnish with goji berries or cacao.
- Stand outside and enjoy!